Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The High Cost of Higher Education

My first autobiographical media piece is complete and posted on youtube. You can view it at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT2LJR13Wkw . The digital story created tells of a decision I was forced to make, one I would not have made on my own. As with all important decisions, consequences subsequently follow. The story is titled, The High Cost of Higher Education, and is meant to explain both the financial costs of pursuing a university degree, but the emotional expenses incurred as well. The decision to obtain a graduate degree came at a high personal cost as well, which represents the heart of "herstory", my story. Although the choice was made to continue with my graduate studies, and even though marriage was sacrificed, it was not until the completion of the piece did the realization occur that emotional scars remained. Thus, the decisions of the past certainly impact the decisions made daily, and the ones made in the future. Telling my story helped erase the scars of a past decision; a decision which enriched my life in so many ways, and allowed me to chart my present life journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment